Own a Grocery Store with Your Friends and Neighbors!
Benefits of membership are about more than saving money. While some of our best deals and discounts are available only to our member-owners, owning part of the Co-op also means you get to help shape your local food system and strengthen your local economy. Vote with your food dollars and join a community that will band together to support small farmers, local producers, less packaging, better ingredients and an alternative to corporate America. There is no CEO at the Fort Collins Food Co-op! Our member-owners are our shareholders.
While you don’t have to be a member-owner to shop at our sweet little co-op, nothing will make you feel more fulfilled in your shopping experience!
Other membership benefits
- The Co-opon Program: You get discounts at other local participating businesses when you show your Co-op member-owner card
- Special orders: 20% discount on bulk/case purchases.
- Member-owner involvement: Voting rights for the Board of Directors plus the ability to run for the Board.
- Profit sharing/dividend: In good years we return a portion of our excess profits to our member-owners. When we succeed, you benefit as well!
- Member-owner sales: Each month we have a number of great deals and discounts available only to our member-owners.
How much is it to join?
For $160 you can purchase a Lifetime Equity Share of the Fort Collins Food Coop! We provide many payment plan options that make Co-op membership affordable for just about anyone:
- Single investment of $160
- 4 quarterly payments of $40
- 8 quarterly payments of $20
- 16 quarterly payments of $10
In addition to the Equity Share, there is a $5 Annual Renewal Fee that goes towards things like free tacos for our member-owners at our Annual Member Owner Meeting. Isn’t $5 worth tacos? All kidding aside, we are required to charge this $5 annual maintenance fee to cover administrative costs and maintain current contact information for our member-owners.
Member-owners (in good standing) who choose quarterly payments are eligible for all member-owner benefits except for a patronage dividend until they are fully paid. Sponsored memberships may also be available. Your share investment is fully refundable upon termination of member-ownership, as soon as replacement equity is available. A membership is valid for you and your immediate family [spouse, partner, kids] living in the same household.
Okay… sign me up!*
Complete the following form to initiate your Food Co-op Membership:
*Online membership payment includes applicable service fees.