Mountain Avenue Market is doing our best in compliance with health department guidelines to create a COVID-SAFE shopping experience.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION for COVID-SAFE SHOPPING:
- YOU MUST WEAR A MASK TO ENTER THE STORE.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at the front of the store for customer use upon entering the store. PLEASE USE SANITIZER FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF.
- Senior/Immuno-compromised hours EVERY DAY 10AM-11aM! Please respect this hour and let the at risk population shop during this time! If you are sick, please stay home! See link below for our Curbside Pickup Service!
- Per the Larimer County Health Department we can no longer allow the use of personal containers for bulk refilling. This includes EVERYTHING you would normally refill in the store. We have, however, been working with them to create an alternative; below the peanut butter machine in our bulk room you will find washed and sanitized re-used containers that you may fill! Thank you for your patience.
- We are sanitizing our checkout counters between each customer as well as basket or carts used by customers (because of this we are allowing you to bring your own bags). We are continuously sanitizing any contact points in the store including handles on refrigerators and freezers, bulk pull down handles, surfaces, bathrooms, etc.
- WE ARE NOW TAKING SPECIAL ORDERS! Supplies continue to be VERY limited on all bath tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, etc.
- CURBSIDE ORDERS! If you’d rather stay on the responsible side and continue to stay “Safer at Home” please utilize our curbside service! This also goes for those who cannot wear a face mask for medical reasons; Because we require masks for entry to the store AND we care about you and want you to stay safe, PLEASE let us shop for you!
Email from your Board of Directors 5/14/20
- To ease your mind, we have implemented systems for cleaning and sanitizing your store throughout the day to create a COVID-safe shopping experience.
- We have hand sanitizer for customers as they enter the store, please use this for your safety and for ours.
- We are sanitizing all surfaces, handles on refrigerators and freezers, bathroom door handles as well as everything touched in the bathroom.
- At this time, we have to ask our customers to discontinue the use of their own containers in our bulk department. All of our gravity bins will remain functional but we will be bagging all product in scoop bins until we are through this. We know this sucks. We are just as upset as you are (believe us, this is a ton of work and not seeing all of the cool containers you reuse makes us sad). We will have bags and containers available to refill items that are not already repacked.
- We are sanitizing counters and credit card machines between each customer. We ask that you practice social distancing while waiting in line at the register and allow time for the cashier to sanitize the counter before you place your items down.
- We will be implementing Senior Shop hours on WEDNESDAYS FROM 9-10AM. During this time we will only be allowing our senior members and customers to shop. We ask for your patience to allow our most vulnerable population to shop in a quieter store.
- Until further notice, our weekend hours will be 10am-6pm. We will maintain our normal hours (9am-7pm) during the week.
- While we all work to figure out our new “normal,” we kindly ask that you are as patient with our employees as possible. We are all working long hours to serve our community and to make sure everyone is safe and well fed. Thank you.
- Our deli has currently suspended all of our creations as we are simply too busy to make any food right now. We’re working with some local restaurants to try to figure out how to support them and will, perhaps, in the future offer grab and go items from them.
- We’re working to try to figure out a way to do curb-side pickup or delivery under special circumstances (you’re home alone and don’t have support). If this is something that people are interested in, we ask that you call the store and put an electronic gift card on your account (you need not be a member-owner to do this) so that there is little to no interaction between our staff and the person picking up your order. We will not be able to put our inventory online as we have no real way of doing this and no staff hours to dedicate to it.
- We will be updating as much as we can. The front page deli section of our website has turned into an update corner so please check there. Please also consider following us on social media (links at the bottom of this email) as this is a quick and easy way for us to update you.